New positions will be posted when available, please check back.
Work with the scientific team to provide essential materials and services to Research and Development in a fast-paced laboratory environment, developing assays against multiple cancer types.
Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is looking for a motivated candidate who will work with the Scientific team to provide essential materials and services to Research and Development. S/he will be working in a fast-paced laboratory environment, developing assays against multiple cancer types. You will also help execute large clinical studies using banked and/or prospectively collected human plasma samples. Throughout this process, our Scientists are expected and encouraged to contribute intellectually to assay development. By leveraging the perspectives and brilliance of every member or our team, we not only improve our technology but feel that this creates a stimulating and rewarding environment for everyone.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in assay-development experiments to further improve our current diagnostic assay
- Perform the Mercy Halo assay during large-scale clinical-trials studies
- Help develop next generation assays for additional cancer types
- Assist in other areas of the lab as needed
- Provide oral and written updates to the R&D team
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering, or similar program
- Similarly educated B.Sc.-level candidates who have a few years of research experience are also encouraged to apply, especially if this experience is in assay development
- The candidate is expected to be fluent in standard molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, RT-PCR, immunoassays (such as ELISA), gel electrophoresis, and mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with bioconjugation, size-exclusion chromatography, phage display, and protein engineering are not required but are desirable
- Familiarity with lab-automation platforms is also a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail, strong documentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) is required