Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a pre-commercial biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are looking for an experienced and motivated QC Specialist to join as the founding member our Quality Control (QC) team. This individual will be tasked with performing QC analysis on various materials by following established procedures. In addition, the QC Specialist will interact with cross-functional teams to promote quality culture.
Candidates for this position must enjoy working for a fast-paced, cutting-edge company and demonstrate exemplary team capabilities and a passion for contributing to our life-saving mission.
- Perform routine and non-routine QC analysis of incoming raw materials, intermediate components, finished goods, and stability samples following SOPs, work instructions and regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with development team to establish test method performance monitors and ensure compliance with established quality standards.
- Author SOPs, reports, and work instructions for QC laboratory testing
- Perform QC activities including but not limited to ordering, inventory management, sample handling, and equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Work in a controlled laboratory environment with specific PPE requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Control role in a molecular diagnostic laboratory
- Experience working in CLIA laboratory a plus.
- Effective communication skills and a highly collaborative working style.
- Good documentation, data organization, detail orientation and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with analytical procedures including qPCR, HPLC, ELISA, absorbance-based spectroscopy a plus.
Hiring Manager: Quality Assurance Manager