Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a pre-commercial biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are working to solve one of the hardest problems in modern oncology: Can we detect cancer in the blood at its earliest stages, and can we do so in a way that’s accessible to all those who need it?
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our development team, whose mission is to develop and validate novel clinical tests leveraging our Mercy Halo assay platform.
This mission critical role will include design, execution, and analysis of experiments to drive product development towards commercialization. This will include reagent and process optimizations, analytical method development, quality, regulatory and operational support for verification, validation and technology transfer activities. Candidates for this position must enjoy working for a fast-paced, cutting-edge company, be able to work in a highly collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment and exhibit a passion for being a part of our life-saving mission.
- Responsible for assay and reagent development within a design-controlled organization during development, verification, validation, and commercial launch.
- Independently design and execute novel immunoassay/molecular experiments for improved assay function, robustness, and QC method development.
- Lead and execute design of experiments (DOE) for assay optimization and guard-banding.
- Lead and execute the automation of bench procedures on liquid handling platforms.
- Responsible for the preparation of development and pilot lots of reagents.
- Accountable for data and root cause analysis during product development lifecycle.
- Establish development project plans to meet milestones based on company goals.
- Author design-controlled documentation during product development.
- Work as a key member within a cross functional team to identify improved methods, workflows, and reagent manufacturing processes.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments in line with quality requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate within a matrixed cross functional environment including status updates to broader team.
- Present data at external scientific meetings, proactively publish and patent.
- BSc/MS life science degree + 6 years’ industry experience or PhD +2 years’ industry experience
- Minimum 2+ years of laboratory experience in assay or product development in a biotech or pharma setting is required.
- Proficiency with standard bioanalytical and molecular biology techniques including ELISA, qPCR, absorbance spectroscopy, pH and conductivity.
- Previous experience with protein bioconjugation techniques and familiarity with bioconjugate purification methods is strongly preferred.
- The ability to follow established controlled documentation with strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency in collecting and accurately documenting experimental procedures and results is essential. Familiarity with electronic lab notebook (ELN) or laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with other team members in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is essential.
- Experience with DOE software such as JMP or Minitab is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications like PRISM, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and career advancement. As a Senior Scientist in our team, you will have the chance to work alongside other experienced scientists, gain hands-on experience with revolutionary technologies, and join our efforts to detect cancer early.
Hiring Manager: Senior Director of Development