Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a pre-commercial biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are working to solve one of the hardest problems in modern oncology: Can we detect cancer in the blood at its earliest stages, and can we do so in a way that is accessible to all those who need it?
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our development team, whose mission is to develop and validate novel clinical tests leveraging our Mercy Halo assay platform.
This mission critical role will involve assay execution and reagent optimization to support product development, as well as additional quality, regulatory and operational support for verification, validation, and technology transfer. Candidates for this position must enjoy working for a fast-paced, innovative company, be able to work in a highly collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment and exhibit a passion for being a part of our life-saving mission.
- Execute novel immunoassays to support development activities including reagent optimization, screening, guard-banding and QC method development for improved function and robustness.
- Prepare development and pilot reagents according to SOPs.
- Inventory and maintain critical raw materials, including the establishment of material specifications critical to quality.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in regulated environments according to QA/QC procedures.
- Support the automation of bench procedures on liquid handling platforms.
- Support the writing of SOPs, specifications, quality, and production records.
- Actively participate in the ideation of improved methods, workflows, and reagent manufacturing processes.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments in line with quality requirements.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and broader development team to relay experiment results and data analysis.
- BSc/MS life science degree.
- Minimum 2+ years of laboratory experience in assay or product development in a biotech or pharma setting is required.
- Proficiency with standard bioanalytical and molecular biology techniques including ELISA, qPCR, absorbance spectroscopy, pH, and conductivity.
- Previous experience with protein bioconjugation techniques and familiarity with bioconjugate purification methods is strongly preferred.
- The ability to follow established controlled documentation with strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency in collecting and accurately documenting experimental procedures and results is essential. Familiarity with electronic lab notebook (ELN) or laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with other team members in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is essential.
- Proficiency in software applications like PRISM, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with DOE software such as JMP or minitab is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and career advancement. As a Senior Research Associate in our team, you will have the chance to work alongside other experienced scientists, gain hands-on experience with revolutionary technologies, and join our efforts to detect cancer early.
Hiring Manager: Senior Director of Development