Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a pre-commercial biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Assay Development team, whose mission is to develop and validate novel clinical tests leveraging our Mercy Halo assay platform.
Responsibilities will include the development and execution of immunoassays to support multiple R&D programs, as well as additional technical and operational support for quality assurance, assay development, technology transfer activities and analytical characterization. The successful candidate may also contribute to Mercy’s IP portfolio through innovative thinking and experimentation. Candidates for this position must enjoy working for a fast-paced, cutting-edge company, be able to work in a highly collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment and exhibit a passion for being a part of our life-saving mission.
- Oversee, support, and execute existing immunoassay platforms including ELISA, antibody arrays, western blot, and flow cytometry to validate antibodies and biomarkers.
- Develop novel immunoassays as appropriate to support antibody characterization and integration into our assay platform.
- Establish and maintain antibody QC processes in collaboration with the Development team.
- Support biomarker discovery programs. (Mass Spec, spatial/histological methods, immunoassays).
- Support mammalian cell culture operation as needed.
- Aid in the selection and screening of commercial and non-commercial affinity reagents for integration into downstream assays.
- Stay informed regarding the research being performed internally and externally to drive research projects that inform biomarker discovery and selection, improve assay performance, and support corporate objectives.
- Help write and review Technical Protocols, Study Reports, and Standard Operating Procedures, as well as maintain accurate records of experiments in line with quality requirements.
- Participate in internal scientific meetings to discuss project progress, review data, and identify optimization opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good laboratory practices to govern the activities within the laboratory.
- Work within cross-functional teams to support research and development projects across the organization with external collaborators, vendors, and contract research organizations.
- Contribute to the ideation and creation of posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar life science discipline.
- 3+ (Master’s) or 5+ (Bachelor’s) years of laboratory experience in assay or early product development in a biotech or pharma setting is required.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of and proficiency with standard immunoassay techniques including ELISA, western blotting, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and/or immunohistochemistry.
- Previous experience with analytical characterization of antibodies (I.e., HPLC, SPR, etc) is required.
- Previous experience with mammalian tissue culture is required.
- Previous experience with super-resolution microscopy is strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently search and review scientific literature and leverage curated scientific databases to develop protocols, test hypothesis, and troubleshoot experiments is required.
- Previous experience purifying or characterizing extracellular vesicles is highly preferred but not required.
- Competency in collecting and accurately documenting experimental procedures and results is essential. Familiarity with electronic lab notebook (ELN) or laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work with minimal guidance effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is essential.
- Previous experience with imaging platforms and analysis software (Zeiss, Leica, Nikon etc.) is preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and demonstrated ability to present concepts and data in a clear and concise manner is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and career advancement. As a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist on our team, you will have the chance to work alongside experienced scientists, gain hands-on experience with revolutionary technologies, and join our efforts to detect cancer early.
Hiring Manager: Director, Early Reagent Development