Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our mission as the Laboratory Manager. This individual will oversee the daily operations of our R&D laboratory and to support lab staff by coordinating equipment purchase and maintenance, managing lab logistics, and assisting our Director of laboratory operations to ensure our labs operate safely and efficiently. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, with exceptional organizational skills and a strong interest in cancer biology who is excited about supporting and contributing to the development of novel cancer diagnostic assays.
- Lab operations: Support daily R&D activities by ensuring lab supplies, equipment, and space are available, organized, and operational. Establish and maintain inventory management systems. Ensure adherence to lab safety rules and standard operating procedures. Coordinate ordering and receipt of laboratory supplies and reagents, build excellent relationships with vendors and sales representatives.
- Lab and office logistics: Interface with building staff to identify, communicate, and resolve building-related issues. Ensure all laboratory and office equipment is operating within specifications. Schedule routine certifications and maintenance. Oversee space planning and use. Support and enhance recycling programs.
- Chemical and biological hygiene: Ensure all lab staff meet local and federal training requirements for handling and disposing of chemical and biological materials. Oversee chemical inventories and waste stream. Coordinate biological waste disposal.
- Assist lab scientists with ordering and maintenance of cell lines and other biological reagents.
The ultimate scope of this role will be determined by the individual. Opportunities will be provided to develop new skills and grow within the company. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to support efforts in the development of new approaches for the early detection of cancer.
- BS or BA degree in the Biological Sciences or Biotechnology
- 2 + years of experience as a lab manager in a biotechnology industry lab
- Familiarity with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Apps (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, etc)
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Master’s degree in Biological Sciences or Biotechnology
- Familiarity with LIMS and/or inventory management platforms
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience in molecular biology and/or cell biology techniques
Hiring Manager: Director, Laboratory Operations
Location: On Site
Status: Full Time