Mercy BioAnalytics, Inc. is a pre-commercial biotechnology company committed to reducing suffering and saving lives through the early detection of cancer. We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Assay Development team, whose mission is to develop and validate novel clinical tests leveraging our Mercy Halo assay platform.
Responsibilities will include executing our patented Mercy Halo assay to support multiple R&D programs, as well as additional technical and operational support for assay development and technology transfer activities. The successful candidate may also contribute to Mercy’s IP portfolio through innovative and creative thinking and experimentation. Candidates for this position must enjoy working for a fast-paced, cutting-edge company, be able to work in a highly collaborative and teamwork-oriented environment, and exhibit a passion for being a part of our life-saving mission.
- Assist in the execution of various research projects
- Execute the Mercy Halo assay in large clinical studies, small-scale optimization studies, and conduct other associated experiments
- Perform routine laboratory duties, such as preparing reagents, maintaining laboratory equipment, and keeping the laboratory clean and organized consistent with 5S principles
- Stay informed on the research being performed in other groups at Mercy to minimize redundancy and maximize opportunities for synergy
- Help write and review Technical Protocols, Study Reports, and Standard Operating Procedures, as well as maintain accurate records of experiments in line with QMS requirements
- Participate in internal scientific meetings to discuss project progress, review data, and identify optimization opportunities
- Develop and maintain good laboratory practices to govern the activities within the laboratory
- Work on cross-functional teams to support research projects and development efforts across the organization and with external collaborators
- Contribute to the ideation and creation of posters and manuscripts
- Stay up to date with the liquid biopsy and early cancer detection literature
- B.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, or other life science, such as Immunology
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in product development in a biotech or pharma setting is required
- Proficiency with standard Molecular Biology techniques including gel electrophoresis/Western Blotting, ELISA, mammalian tissue culture, and experience with PCR
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as Prism, RStudio, or Excel-based data analysis is required
- Proficiency in collecting and accurately documenting experimental procedures and results (familiarity with LIMS strongly preferred)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and pay close attention to detail
- Expertise in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working familiarity with Atlassian suite (JIRA/Confluence) is a plus
- Experience with automated liquid handling is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and career advancement. As a Research Associate in our team, you will have the chance to work alongside experienced scientists, gain hands-on experience with revolutionary technologies, and join our efforts to detect cancer early.